Effective date: 8th day of June, 2021
Spitz Grooming Pty Ltd (ABN: 44 645 633 101) (the “Company”) and www.spitzgroom.com.au (the "Site") is owned and operated by Rebecca Steele. Rebecca Steele can be contacted at:
(04) 0290 3693
643 Nicholson Street, Carlton North, 3054
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Customers; and
By using our Company for Products or Services, Customers agree that they consent to:
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Payment information; and
- Photos of your Dog
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Creating an account on www.spitzgroom.com.au;
- Submitting a booking request; and/or
- Speaking with us over the telephone, via social media, email or in person.
How and Why We Use Personal Data
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
- Delivery of goods;
- Booking confirmation; and/or
- In-house marketing campaigns;
- Improvement of our site; We strive to improve our website offerings based on the information we receive from you.
- To improve our customer service; Your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions- We may use the information you provide about yourselves and your puppy when you place an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send user’s information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their service. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored indefinitely. In the event of liquidation, records will be kept for 5 years post liquidation.
Please notify us if you would like for your data to be removed from our records.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
All data is only accessible to a sub-set of our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee's termination.
In line with PCI-DSS standards, Spitz Groom only uses compliant banking vault solutions to securely process credit card transactions for online or telephone purchases. Banking vault solutions used by Spitz Groom include Square Virtual Terminal and Shopify Virtual Terminal.
Upon completion of a successful transaction, the virtual terminal will email the customer a transaction receipt (if email address has been supplied), and only the last 4 digits of the card will be stored within the encrypted merchant portal for identification purposes only.
Where a Spitz Groom customer agrees to storing a credit card on file for recurring billing, this card will be saved to the customer profile within one of the Virtual Terminals aforementioned. (Note: Full card number is not accessible to Spitz Groom once saved into the vault).
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer here:
(04) 0290 3693
643 Nicholson Street, Carlton North, VIC 3054
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
- You can opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking "unsubscribe" on the bottom of any marketing email.
- Contact us by email to request an opt-out: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc;
Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalise the information you see on our Site for you; and
Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
- How users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website;
- Monitor user preferences to tailor advertisements around their interests; and
- Improve the content.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, Rebecca Steele, at:
(04) 0290 3693
643 Nicholson Street, Carlton North, VIC 3054